When it comes to romance, there’s no better place to celebrate than the Island of Romance, better known as Catalina Island. One of Southern California’s most romantic destinations, Catalina Island, is the best place to celebrate Valentine’s Day this year.
The Island of Romance
Since the nickname of Catalina is the Island of Romance, it comes as no surprise that there are countless activities to do for Valentine’s Day here. Here are just a few of the top romantic activities in lover’s paradise:
- Ride on a bicycle built for two and explore ocean-front roadways and lush canyon drives
- Dining at one of the many bayfront restaurants
- Going parasailing or kayaking or enjoying a round of golf
- Indulging yourselves at one of Avalon’s day spas of a signature massage. Choose from hot stones, Swedish, Thai, or couples massages
- Watching for whales and dolphins on an ocean rafting adventure
- Exploring Catalina Island’s abundant marine life without getting wet on a semi-submersible submarine
- Tainge in the sights on one of the island’s many scenic city tours
- Planning a picnic lunch and discover a secluded cove
- Discovering the wild side of Catalina’s interior on an inland motor tour or Jeep eco-tour
- Spending time alone in the interior – one of the most stunning locations to go hiking or comfort camping surrounded by the beauty of the Pacific Ocean
With a distinctive Mediterranean charm, Catalina Island’s main town of Avalon offers a uniquely romantic setting. Catalina is the only island destination in California that offers a large selection of accommodations that includes everything from a four-star country inn to charming cottages, well-appointed condos, and even beachfront hotels to cozy bed and breakfasts.
Many hotels have romantic amenities such as ocean views, private balconies, whirlpool jacuzzi tubs, and fireplaces to make your stay a passionate paradise. Stroll along the moonlit shore and enjoy a quiet, intimate dinner for two or relax and take in sumptuous surroundings and overlook the boats bobbing in the harbor.
Catalina Hot Spots
Catalina Hot Spots is where to find all of the hot spots, including finding the latest indoor dining available on the island. Are you looking for specials or events? Or are you interested in setting up a banquet? Let us help you!