There’s no better place to celebrate than the Island of Romance, better known as Catalina Island when it comes to romance. Here’s why you should consider Valentine’s Day on Catalina Island this year.
Catalina Island is “The Island of Romance”
The nickname “The Island of Romance” has been given to none other than Catalina Island. It comes as no surprise that there are countless activities to do for Valentine’s Day here. Here are just a few of the top romantic activities in lover’s paradise:
- Spending time alone in the interior – one of the most stunning locations to go hiking or comfort camping surrounded by the beauty of the Pacific Ocean
- Riding on a bicycle built for two and explore ocean-front roadways and lush canyon drives
- Discovering the wild side of Catalina’s interior on an inland motor tour or Jeep eco-tour
- Dining at one of the many bayfront restaurants
- Planning a picnic lunch and discover a secluded cove
- Going parasailing or kayaking or enjoying a round of golf
- Taking in the sights on one of the island’s many scenic city tours
- Indulging yourselves at one of Avalon’s day spas of a signature massage. Choose from hot stones, Swedish, Thai, or couples massages
- Exploring Catalina Island’s abundant marine life without getting wet on a semi-submersible submarine
- Watching for whales and dolphins on an ocean rafting adventure
With a distinctive Mediterranean charm, Catalina Island’s main town of Avalon offers a uniquely romantic setting. Catalina is the only island destination in California that offers a large selection of accommodations that includes everything from a four-star country inn to charming cottages, well-appointed condos, and even beachfront hotels to cozy bed and breakfasts.
Many hotels have romantic amenities such as ocean views, private balconies, whirlpool jacuzzi tubs, and fireplaces to make your stay a passionate paradise. Stroll along the moonlit shore and enjoy a quiet, intimate dinner for two or relax and take in sumptuous surroundings and overlook the boats bobbing in the harbor.
Catalina Hot Spots
Catalina Hot Spots is where to find all of the hot spots, including finding the latest indoor dining available on the island. Are you looking for specials or events? Or are you interested in setting up a banquet? Let us help you!